Sunday, October 27, 2013

Proud

I was making the finishing touches on Paisley's Halloween costume and I had a sewing question for my mom (probably the best seamstress I know!)  I called and talked to her for awhile and then she said "Hey, your dad wants to talk to you real quick"  (that is totally out of character for my dad!)  He got on and asked me how my kids were doing, I asked him about work and then he proceeded to tell me how proud of me and Kyle he is.  He told me how he knew Kyle and I have struggled in the past and there was a time that he was genuinely concerned but now, he knows that we are going to make it... not only in our relationship but in our finances and our lives.  He is proud of the mother that I have become and how my children are turning out.  He is proud of who I married, the hard worker and loving husband that he is.  I started to get emotional and he could tell so he told me he loved me and we ended the call... which is when I proceeded to cry. 
I have been silently suffering the past few weeks.  I have had a few things in my life that have gotten me down and I had become tired and worn down.  Life hasn't always been what I expected it to be and having nothing come of some of those expectations left me feeling broken and sad.  Just hearing my dad tell me that I was someone that he was proud of meant the world to me.  He isn't one to make things up, or to say things just to be heard or for attention.  It came from his heart and it made me realize how lucky I really am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment