Monday, September 8, 2014

End of an Era

You try to hold on to your babies for as long as possible.  The days of tantrums and snuggling have changed (although, I still get tantrums and snuggles).  Jaxton started preschool on September 3... it's a bittersweet time for me.  We have him enrolled at Kids Corner Preschool with Mrs. Woolsey.  He goes to school Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1-3:30 pm (can I get a hallelujah for afternoon preschool).  He is so excited to be going to school like his daddy.  He even told me that after school I needed to take him to work.  We all knew I would cry... I'm that mom.  I did ok most of the way... I shed a few tears on the way but it was when he said "Mom, I don't need you to walk me in, just pick me up when I'm done, because I can't drive the car"... I bawled.  He has turned into this wonderful big boy... he is independent and sweet.  He came home from school so excited.  It's only been a week... but he is still loving school (I hope it sticks!)

Kyle's sister always does a fun School Year Eve... and we thought we would give it a try this year.  Jaxton loved it.  He got to pick the dinner he wanted... taco salad, jello and soda, with cupcakes for dessert.  We also pulled out the Super Nintendo and played TMNT: Turtles in Time.  Jaxton is obsessed with Ninja Turtles (I have no idea where this obsession came from...) so it was a perfect night for hi,.  We will try to keep up the tradition... it was a blasty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment