Thursday, December 16, 2010

Timber!!!

So today pretty much sucked! I wanna blog it so Kyle and I can laugh about it years from now! I haven't been feeling well, and I called my boss this morning and he said to not worry about coming into work. If you know me, that wasn't an option... so I laid around for about an hour and a half then got up and went into work. Our sales girl, Ashley, asked me if I wanted to do a lunch with her so I could meet one of our major referral sources and so they would know who they were talking to when they called. A chance to get out of the office??? I'll take it!!! So we went over to the pediatrics office and started to set up. I was feeling fine and then everyone came in and started eating. It started getting really really hot... so I thought "There are too many people in this little room and I'm wearing a jacket" so I took my jacket off. It was STILL really really hot and I started to get dizzy. I thought I needed to just sit down so I tapped a nurse on the leg and asked if there was a bathroom near by I could use... The next thing I remember the dr was carrying me into the hallway, I remember him saying a few things to me and I said "I'm so dizzy again" and the next thing I remember I am laying in the fetal position in the middle of some random dr's hallway having my blood pressure taken. I passed out... not once but TWICE! Apparently the first time, I was less than an inch away from hitting some cabinets. They had me call my regular dr and he wanted us to rush right in. I don't think anything was that serious that I needed to see a dr, just a few bruises and my neck and shoulders hurt today, Dr Allen was probably packed full of boring patients today and just wanted to see us. He ran a few tests and told me I need to put on some weight. He said considering the results of the tests, he is not surprised that my body reacted the way that it did. I was obviously dehydrated and just not doing well. I have a few things to be thankful for. For one, I am thankful that if I was going to pass out, it was in a place that could help me! What better place to fall than a dr's office!? Second, I am thankful that Ashley wanted me to go that day with her!!! I can't even imagine if that had happened at work when I was all alone in the office. How long would I have gone without anyone even finding me... and how would I have helped myself when I did finally come to? Third, I am grateful for the amazing people I am surrounded by! Ashley wouldn't leave my side until kyle got there and Kyle won't leave my side... period! Now when I have to say to customers "Have you fallen in the past six months" I can laugh to myself because I have to say "Yes". But today wasn't all bad... before I went to work, Jax was being really really cute... so we took a few pictures of it.


Someone is in desperate need of a haircut... again!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon! ...ok, that's as far as I got in my thought process. Just the exclaiming of your name. I've got nowhere else to go with this. I'm kind of in stunned, shocked awe and--for possibly the second time in my life--I've been driven speechless. Sounds like we REALLY need to do lunch!

    ReplyDelete