Monday, March 25, 2013

Mormon Mom

It's official.  I have crossed over into a "Mormon Mom"... it all happened like this.


Kyle and I knew eventually we would outgrow our cars.  It's inevitable.  He has a Ford Fusion, and I have a Mercury Mariner.  Both seat 5.  We were thinking in the next 3-5 years, we would upgrade.  .  And there was a van (I know, I know... I used to cringe when I heard that word too) at one of the dealerships here that I just loved.  And then, it was gone.  Well the other day we had about an hour to kill, so we drove past all of them, just so I could look and possibly test drive to see if I liked it.  We knew we wanted to buy used and I LOVE the look of the Dodge Grand Caravan or the Toyota Sienna.  We drove to the Ford dealership and they had a few so we stopped and looked around.  A salesman came out and opened them all up so I could see.  I wasn't completely sold on anything since we were just looking... no intentions to buy.  They were running a killer special on one, a 2012 Grand Caravan, 13,000 miles, basically a new car without the new car penalties (depreciation, hiked prices, and that awful smell that everyone seems to love... barf!) It was getting pretty late so we made an appointment to come back the following day, have my car valued, and talk numbers.  Well, to make a long story short... they gave us a great deal on my car and an even better deal on the van.  So yes... I drive a van now.  But I LOVE it.  The kids love it and Kyle loves it!  It has so much room... we will be able to grow in it, take trips much more comfortably, and hopefully not have to deal with getting another car for a LONG time!





 
Just for the record, since my brother asked... no, we are not pregnant... just had the money and the opportunity.  And this is not the color I wanted.  I wanted that awesome, hip orange that Dodge does... but hey, beggars cant be choosers huh?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I LOVE my van and how much room it has. Did you ever see this music video that Toyota did for their Sienna? I think it's awesome and it always makes me laugh. :) http://youtu.be/ql-N3F1FhW4

    ReplyDelete