Monday, November 8, 2010

And he's off!

I don't have pictures to document this, but I wanted to write it down so I will always remember (and so will Kyle and Jax). We were going to have some family pictures done on Saturday, November 7, but circumstances changed and we were unable to do so. Kyle got called into work last minute and then when he got home Jax fell asleep, and it was just too much that day. Our friends, Tristan and Camille asked if Jax could go play at their house and because it was such a stressful day, I thought "Well yes... I could use a little break!" So I packed up some stuff for him and took him over to Tristan's. Jax is a mover (as I posted in a previous blog). He is constantly on the go, whether he is crawling all over the place or "cruising" (when he is holding on to something and walking). He also stands all on his own as well. I always "yell" at him to sit down, "Mommy's not ready for a big boy", he giggles and usually falls over. He is not interested in watching tv or sitting still for anything. He now knows that he can get to things on his own and he takes advantage of that fact. So we were at Tristan's and Camille gets this bright idea that she thinks he should start walking! So she holds him up, he gets steady on his feet and after a few tries, takes two steps towards me before plummeting to the ground. Bittersweet I tell you... Bittersweet moment. I want my boy to grow up, I want him to learn about "his world" and I don't want to hold him back, but he is a big boy now. I need to accept it and move on, but I am ok with wishing that my little boy would stay little awhile longer. I guess since he was so tiny (weight wise) for so long he was trying to make up for it by hitting other milestones early. Although, he still lacks in the tooth department, coming in with a whoping ZERO... so until then he is STILL my little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I can hardly believe it! So exciting for you, and decidedly bittersweet :)

    ReplyDelete