Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fenogreek

I will get around to posting pictures of the house one day... but this move was extremely stressful for me. We were qualified for our home and were supposed to close the beginning of September, so Kyle and I spent the time and care to pack up a lot of our home in perfectly labelled boxes... then we waited... and waited... and waited! Nothing happened, so there we were with a living room FULL of boxes and nothing to cook with, maybe 2 towels and of course all of those boxes were at the bottom of a huge stack! September ended and October began, and we were still waiting. Our apartment landlord was fantastic and let us stay even though someone was waiting for our place, which just caused me more stress! Then the call came, we were ready to sign and move. We signed on a Friday at 1:00 pm and started moving into our house at 5. It was a two day process (it's amazing the crap you hold on to and accumulate over even just a year!) More stress! I don't handle stress well. I know a lot of people are stress eaters, but that's not me... I refer to myself as more of a stress starver. I had been doing so good since Paisley was born of eating (gorging myself) for every meal and she never went without milk. But the move and the stress kicked in my old bad habits and I was noticing less and less milk. I started to freak out (naturally). Jaxton was allergic to breast milk and I only got to nurse him for 6 months before they found out and he had to go on a special formula to give him nutrients and calories that he was missing. Paisley on the other hand has been thriving with breast milk. She is a little chunkers and it is adorable. Those little chunky legs, oh I could die for! So I was devastated. I started doing some research about how to get my milk back and I found a natural substance called Fenogreek. Kyle and I went to the health food store to pick some up. You take 2 pills 4 times a day, for up to 72 hours. This was the end of last month that I was doing this and I haven't had a problem with milk since. I am back to pumping a full bottle every morning, after she has eaten and is refusing to eat anymore! I am so happy I found this! We have a freezer FULL of milk and it is such an accomplishing feeling. My goal is to make it for a full year, I may not and I could accept that. But in the meantime, Fenogreek... you are my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment